Personal Data Protection Act Notice
Personal Data Protection Notice for Sri Kota Specialist Medical Centre Sdn Bhd (“Notice”)
Sri Kota Specialist Medical Centre Sdn Bhd (“SRI KOTA”) & the associated corporate group of BHH Southern (“BHH Southern”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that SRI KOTA may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
(1) Personal information
1.1 Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to SRI KOTA for the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
Your personal information may include your name, NRIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, CCTV/security recordings and location tracking/GPS information.
1.2 Source of personal information
(i) Patient or potential patient/customer: SRI KOTA collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives (family members, next of kin), agents (e.g. medical tourism agents) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers who send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hard copies at public venues or in our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
(ii) Independent consultants or potential independent consultants: SRI KOTA collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from head hunters when you and/or our head hunters send us completed enquiry and/or application forms or curriculum vitae via various means, including online and physical hard copies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
(iii) Vendor, supplier or service provider: SRI KOTA collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, when you send us completed enquiry and/or credit application forms via various means, including online and physical hard copies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
1.3 Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise.
Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers: Your personal information is collected and further processed by SRI KOTA as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested medical services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to facilitate your medical practice within SRI KOTA, including sharing your personal data with
- other independent consultants within SRI KOTA for purposes of peer review;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical practice;
- to process your credit account application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for
- service, consignment agreement);
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health
- and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies;
- to comply with SRI KOTA’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising,
- marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for
- your and for your computer and/or device; and
- for SRI KOTA’s internal records management.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from SRI KOTA, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in SRI KOTA’s email blasts or you may contact SRI KOTA at the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3) Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Entities within BHH Southern Group of Companies
Your personal information provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the SRI KOTA’s Group of Companies (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners), especially when you are an employee of any company within the BHH Southern Group of Companies.
SRI KOTA will ensure that:
- access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
3.2 Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re- organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit SRI KOTA to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers: Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- The Ministry of Health or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having
authority or jurisdiction established by the MOH and other relevant government departments or agencies;
- Relevant accreditation bodies such as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH);
- Our independent consultants and specialists within SRI KOTA;
- Third party private healthcare institutions or government healthcare institutions;
- In the case of pre-employment health screenings, to the patient’s employer / prospective
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors,
lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors,
conference/event organisers, other advisers, and insurance companies);
- The respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in SRI KOTA
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police.
4.1 Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
4.2 Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enable features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
(5) Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact our Customer Service, to the contact details in Item 6 below.
(6) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
- you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
you may contact:-
Tel: 03-3375 7799 ext. 7018 / 7356 / 7335
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org