Personal Data Protection Act Notice
Personal Data Protection Notice for Southern Medicare Sdn Bhd (“Notice”)
Southern Medicare Sdn Bhd, (referred herein as “the Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”) which operates the Sri Kota Specialist Medical Centre (“Sri Kota”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and your privacy. This Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that we may amend this Notice at any time without prior notice to you and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
(1) Personal data
1.1 Types of personal data
Personal data means any data which relates, directly or indirectly to you and which was collected or provided to us for the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
Your personal data collected by us may include (but is not limited) to your name, NRIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, CCTV/security recordings and location tracking/GPS information.
1.2 Sources of personal data
(i) Patients and potential patients
We collect your personal data directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives (family members, next of kin), agents (e.g. medical tourism agents) and/or employers when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers who send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in our premise. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
(ii) Independent consultants and potential independent consultants
We collect your personal data directly from you or indirectly from head hunters when you and/or our head hunters send us completed enquiry and/or application forms or curricula vitae via various means, including online and physical hardcopies. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
(iii) Vendors, suppliers and service providers
We collect your personal data, either directly from you or indirectly from you during the course of your dealing with us for the purposes of communicating with you, respond to your enquiries or complaints, process your invoices in relation to the sale/supply of your products and/or services and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business. Your personal data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
1.3 Obligatory personal data
Unless otherwise specified at the time the personal data is collected, it is obligatory that you supply us with all the data requested for by us.
If you fail to provide us the obligatory data, we may not be able to process and/or provide you with relevant services you request for.
(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal data
The purposes for which we collect your personal data and further process (including the disclosure of your personal data) them, include the following:
- to process your requested medical services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to process your credit account application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- for insurance purposes;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we feel may interest you;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical management;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical practice;
- to facilitate your medical practice within Sri Kota, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultants within Sri Kota for the purpose of peer review;
- to conduct internal statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for service, consignment agreement);
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to comply with the Company’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device; and
- for Sri Kota’s internal records management.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from us, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in our email blasts or you may contact us at the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3) Disclosure of personal data
Subject to relevant laws, we may disclose your personal data provided to us to:-
3.1 Entities within BHH Southern Corporate Grouping of Companies
Your personal data provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the BHH Southern Corporate Grouping of Companies (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners), especially when you are an employee of any company within the BHH Southern Corporate Grouping of Companies.
In this instance, we will ensure that:
- access to your personal data is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal data in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- only necessary data is released to the relevant employees.
3.2 Classes of third parties
Your personal data may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re- organisation (“Transaction”), your personal data may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit us to release your personal data to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
For patients and potential patients, independent consultants and potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers and service providers: Your personal data may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- the Ministry of Health (“MOH”) or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having authority or jurisdiction established by the MOH and other relevant government departments or agencies;
- relevant accreditation bodies such as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH);
- our independent consultants and specialists within Sri Kota;
- third party private healthcare institutions or government healthcare institutions;
- the patient’s employer / prospective employer, in the case of pre-employment health screenings;
- third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors, conference/event organisers, other advisers, and insurance companies);
- the respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in Sri Kota; and
- law enforcement agencies, including the local police.
4.1 Links to other websites
Links to other websites is provided for your convenience and information at our website. These websites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked websites or any use of the websites.
4.2 Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
A cookie may be used in the processing of your data.
- the date and time you accessed each page on our website;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our website (the referrer); and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal data in order to enjoy certain services on our website (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal data will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
(5) Right to access and correct personal data
You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by us (subject always to certain exceptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal data is accurate and up to date. Therefore, we ask that if there are changes to your personal data you should notify us directly.
If you would like to access or correct your personal data, please contact our Customer Service, at the contact details in Item 6 below.
(6) Limiting the processing of personal data, further enquiries and complaints
- you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal data; or
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal data,
you may contact:-
Tel: 03-3375 7799 ext. 7014 / 7356 / 7335
Email Address: email@example.com
Last update: 3.10.2019